Welcome to Master of Accounting Degrees, your guide to everything you need to know about earning a graduate-level degree in accounting. Count on us for the facts about top online Master of Accounting degree programs. Learn more about the various schools that offer master’s degree programs in accounting. You will even find information about what to expect in terms of classes and coursework. Discover the pros and cons of online and traditional degree programs, and find out how to get an internship that will give you an edge in your eventual job hunt.
At Master of Accounting Degrees, we look beyond earning your degree. Are you interested in becoming a certified public accountant? Learn about the requirements for certification and how to prepare for the Uniform CPA exam. We provide information about a variety of accounting and finance careers, including their expected salaries, to help you plan your career path. You can also explore lesser-known accounting fields like environmental accounting, forensic accounting and governmental accounting. Once you have decided on your future, use our résumé tips to land your dream job. We even provide links to popular and informative accounting blogs and websites to help you stay up-to-date with what is happening in the world of accounting.
Here are a few fast facts about accounting careers:
- Accounting is a global business. The American Institute of CPAs has some 39,500 members in over 120 countries around the world.
- More than 1,200,000 professionals were employed as accountants and auditors in 2012. They earned a median wage of roughly $63,500.
- Nearly 25,000 more professionals held jobs as actuaries that same year. They enjoyed a median wage of nearly $93,700.
- Experts predict that the accounting field will see a 13 percent job growth rate between 2012 and 2020. This means another 165,000 jobs will offer plenty of opportunity for trained professionals.
- Professional opportunities for actuaries are expected to grow by an astounding 26 percent between 2012 and 2020. This should create more than 6000 new jobs in the field.
To discover more about earning your advanced accounting degree, visit our homepage at Master-of-Accounting.net.